Parents of students at Cape Coral Charter School sign a contract to provide 20 hours of volunteer hours for the first child, and 10 hours for all additional siblings. A total of 30 hours is recommended for families with 2 or more children. It is our belief that the more involved parents are in their child’s education, the better the student will perform academically.
Your child’s teacher can provide you with ideas about the many ways you can assist in the classrooms as well as after school hours in order to earn your volunteer hours. There are many opportunities for parents to assist at the school with or without planning ahead of time. Volunteers must be available to follow instructions given by the teacher and cannot have younger children with them that would require some of their attention. Volunteers should make arrangements for younger children to be cared for at home.
Remember to bring valid identification (drivers license or state issued id) when you are volunteering at a school. Please first stop at the main office to sign in, have your id scanned, and a badge issued to you. All volunteers must be scheduled with a teacher/staff member prior to volunteering or our office staff will identify a location in the school where your services are needed at that time.
Here is a list of SOME of the things you can volunteer to do:
- Morning Care 7:00-8:00am
- Breakfast assist and clean-up (7:30-8:15)
- Arrival Duty in the a.m. (30 minutes daily)
- Lunch Duty in the cafeteria 10:15-12:30
- Dismissal Duty in the p.m. (30 minutes daily)
- Participate in our many PTC activities and fundraising events
- Change bulletin boards (each one gets updated by 1st of each month)
- Sort Lost & Found at elementary level (monthly)
- Stuff and stamp envelopes (for Registrar in January/February)
- Check PTC bulletin board to assist various committees
- Set-up, chaperone, and clean-up at each dance
- Donate Blood at our Annual Blood Drive
- Assist with Class Picture Day
- Kids Club assistance (3:00-6:00pm)
Parent Teacher Organization CO-OP
Our first PTC Meeting of the year was held on September 10th with more than 120 families represented. Parent signed up to participate on various committees and grew excited about the special events that will be taking place throughout the year. Please help by contacting your child’s teacher to help support our school!